– Teams must comprise of of 2-4 Deakin Students
(teams must have minimum 1x Construction Management and 1 x Architecture student)
– Computer able to run Autodesk Building Design Suite. Access to Deakin internet
1. HAVE A COMPUTER that can connect to Deakin wireless and run the programs below.
NOTE: – If you have a Mac – you will need to run boot camp
– Minimum 2 computers within a group
– The computer labs WILL NOT be open
2. DOWNLOAD the 2014 versions of Autodesk software at: www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all
- Revit (full) 2014
- Navisworks Manage 2014
- Recap Pro 2014
- Showcase 2014
The BIMbattle is all about BIM and BIM software, so NO 2D AUTOCAD ACCEPTED 🙂
HOW TO DOWNLOAD:
– Log into student portal : www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all
– Create an account (if you don’t have one)
– Navigate to free software downloads.
– Click on Revit.
– Select language, OS and version (2014).
– Either download or at least copy and paste the serial number and product ID key that is displayed. Save it and bring it to the BIMbattle.
– Repeat for all software titles required.
*Don’t forget to bring a USB for backup!
3. REGISTER at the Student Experts Group.
Create a profile and set up an account at: www.studentexpert.net/en/
Then join the Deakin University Geelong – Australia group at: